Townsville Enterprise with the support of Questacon, AIMS, GBRMPA, JCU Connect and AusIMM invite you to join us at the 2019 STEM/STEAM in the Regions Forum and help us build a collective strategy for STEM/STEAM delivery in Townsville North Queensland that will ensure our region develops, retains and attracts a skilled workforce that is relevant in a future global economy.
A first of its kind, the outcome driven event will bring together Australia's opinion leaders, industry experts and educators as they exchange ideas, share best practices and collaborate in the development of a roadmap to successful regional STEM/STEAM integration.
By creating an environment of collective ideas, TOGETHER we will map out our future plan to establish a highly skilled and productive workforce, build trans-disciplinary and creative industry linkages, create opportunities from industry and education collaboration, deliver new career paths and drive a regional uplift.
The event will feature:
- Case studies on successful industry-education partnerships
- Workshops on industry specific education needs
- Insights into Questacon’s National Science and Technology Centre and its outreach programs
- Development of a roadmap to successful regional STEM/STEAM integration
- Shape the next generation of your workforce
- Communicate your industry needs
- Access industry ready graduates
- Hear from other industry leaders on their positive experiences with integrated education-industry partnerships
- Network, collaborate and build partnerships with educators, opinion leaders and industry experts
- Establish strategic partnerships with industry
- Understand what resources are available to empower regional students to engage in STEAM
- Hear insights directly from Questacon
- Join collaborative sessions with experts and various industries
- Network with other educators from around the country
Register today to join industry leaders, educators and students and help nurture the workforce of the future. Tickets for this event are limited.
TICKET SALES CLOSE FRIDAY, 06 JUNE 2019
$139 Townsville Enterprise Members | $169 Non Members | $69 Students*
Please email email@example.com to purchase a student ticket. *Student ID will be required upon event entry
Session 1: STEAM in the Regions
Session 2: STEAM Impact on Industry + Plenary Sessions
Session 3: Industry-Education Partnerships
Session 4: Mechanisms Supporting Regional Delivery + Inspiring Australia Presentations
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2019
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm; Registration from 8.30am
Location: Ballroom, Mercure Townsville, 166 Woolcock St, Townsville, 4812
Catering: Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Post-Event Drinks and Canapes Provided
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) is a global education movement bridging the gap between industry needs and education by applying an integrated approach to learning and teaching that aims to empower students and meet the needs of a 21st Century economy.