Townsville Enterprise, supported by Questacon, is proud to bring you the inaugural ‘2019 STEAM in the Regions Forum’ on Wednesday 12 June 2019 at Mercure Townsville.
STEAM In The Regions Forum is a unique collaboration bringing together Australia's opinion leaders, industry experts and educators as they exchange ideas, share best practices and collaborate in the development of a roadmap to successful regional STEAM Hubs in Townsville North Queensland.
The forum seeks to ensure that regional communities can attract and retain talent by establishing a highly skilled and productive workforce, build trans-disciplinary and creative industry linkages, drive opportunities from industry and education collaboration, deliver career paths for the local community and attract those living in cities to regional communities.
The event will feature:
- Case studies on successful industry-education partnerships
- Workshops on industry specific education needs
- Insights into Questacon’s National Science and Technology Centre and its outreach programs
- Development of a roadmap to successful regional STEAM integration
- Shape the next generation of your workforce
- Communicate your industry needs
- Access industry ready graduates
- Hear from other industry leaders on their positive experiences with integrated education-industry partnerships
- Network, collaborate and build partnerships with educators, opinion leaders and industry experts
- Establish strategic partnerships with industry
- Understand what resources are available to empower regional students to engage in STEAM
- Hear insights directly from Questacon
- Join collaborative sessions with experts and various industries
- Network with other educators from around the country
Register today to join 120+ industry leaders, educators and students and help nurture the workforce of the future. Tickets for this event are limited.
TICKET SALES CLOSE FRIDAY, 06 JUNE 2019
$139 Townsville Enterprise Members | $169 Non Members | $69 Students*
Please email email@example.com to purchase a student ticket. *Student ID will be required upon event entry
Session 1: STEAM in the Regions
Session 2: STEAM Impact on Industry + Plenary Sessions
Session 3: Industry-Education Partnerships
Session 4: Mechanisms Supporting Regional Delivery + Inspiring Australia Presentations
SPEAKERS & PANELISTS
- Dr Bobby Cerini, Deputy Director | General Manager (Science and Learning) - Questacon - The National Science and Technology Centre - VIEW SPEAKER PROFILE
- David Harris, Artist/Interactive Media Sessional Lecturer - Griffith University - VIEW SPEAKER PROFILE
- Dr Sheryn Pitman, Programme Manager - Inspiring South Australia - VIEW SPEAKER PROFILE
- Jackie Randles, Manager - Inspiring Australia (NSW) - VIEW SPEAKER PROFILE
- Sarah Chapman, Head of Department of Science - Townsville State High School - VIEW SPEAKER PROFILE
Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2019
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm; Registration from 8.30am
Location: Ballroom, Mercure Townsville, 166 Woolcock St, Townsville, 4812
Catering: Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Post-Event Drinks and Canapes Provided
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) is a global education movement bridging the gap between industry needs and education by applying an integrated approach to learning and teaching that aims to empower students and meet the needs of a 21st Century economy.